We are delighted to announce the Keynote speakers and panels for Oxonmoot Online. These will all take place between 17:15 and 20:30 UK time across the three days of the event (Friday 18th to Sunday 20th September) in order to provide optimum access for all our registered delegates around the world:
- Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull, Tolkien scholars and recipients of the 2020 Tolkien Society Outstanding Contribution Award
- Professor Yvette Kisor, Professor of English and Literary Studies at Ramapo College of New Jersey, USA, and co-editor of Tolkien and Alterity.
- Dr Dimitra Fimi, Senior Lecturer in Fantasy and Children’s Literature and Co-Director of the Centre for Fantasy and the Fantastic at the University of Glasgow, UK
- Diversity in Tolkien Scholarship and Fandom, a round-table discussion and Q&A moderated by Sultana Raza, with Elyanna Choi and Sarah Westvik
- New Voices in Tolkien Scholarship, a panel moderated by Luke Shelton, with Mina Lukic, Taylor Driggers, Mariana Rios Maldonado and Laura Martin-Gomez
- The Future of the Tolkien Society, a presentation and discussion led by Shaun Gunner, Chair of the Tolkien Society
Remember that you need to be a registered member of Oxonmoot Online to attend the event.
These keynote speakers and panels will be complemented by an extensive programme of talks and papers. The call for papers is now closed, and we will be announcing the programme shortly.
While the call for papers may be closed, there is still a range of other ways you can take part in the event:
- Submit an activity (discussion, workshop, game… if you can imagine it we want to hear about it) for our interactive programme
- Provide an entertainment (song, sketch, monologue…) on the Saturday
- Show off your skills in the costume masquerade
- Read a poem (your own, or your favourite of Tolkien’s or his associates) in our poetry reading
- Show your art in our online art show
Closing dates vary for the different events – follow the links above for details.
For further information about the event as a whole, visit the event website at Oxonmoot.org
We look forward to your joining us in September.
Elena Davison & Mike Percival