We are happy to help
Are you a journalist, broadcaster or researcher looking to write about the life, works, impact or adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien? Do you need a quote for your article, or assistance with a statistic? Then we are happy to help.
Since, our foundation in 1969 we have regularly provided Tolkien experts, scholars and fans to talk about the books, films, and anything related to Tolkien. We have many members, including our Chair, Shaun Gunner, who regularly appear on TV, radio, and in newspapers and magazines.
Specific areas we can help include:
- Experts and commentary on Tolkien’s works, including new publications (such as Beren and Lúthien);
- Experts and commentary on Tolkien’s life;
- Experts, commentary and analysis of film, radio and dramatic adaptations of Tolkien’s works;
- Commentary on developing news stories relating to Tolkien and adaptations;
- Photo opportunities at Tolkien Society events.
If you are looking for more information about Tolkien, please take a look at the Biography, the Timeline and our FAQs. Also of interest will be the blogposts by our Chair, which cover fandom and Tolkien more broadly.
Use the form below to get in touch with the Society’s Press Office, who will aim to respond as quickly as possible. Alternatively you can email us directly: press [at] tolkiensociety [dot] org
Where we can’t help
Unfortunately, The Tolkien Society does not hold any photographic images of J.R.R. Tolkien. If you would like to use an image for your publication or website, we recommend contacting the Pamela Chandler Collection.
We do not provide contact details of any member of the Tolkien family on request. We recommend contacting the Tolkien Estate.