Vote now for The Tolkien Society Awards 2020
The Trustees of The Tolkien Society are pleased to announce the shortlist for The Tolkien Society Awards 2020. Voting is open exclusively to members of the Society through the Members’ Area.
The shortlist for the Awards is as follows:
- “Great Gate at Minas Tirith” by Jay Johnstone
- “Isle of Peace / Mandos / Isle of the Dead” by Stefan Bleyl
- “Taniquetil” by Ted Nasmith
- “The Professor” by Jenny Dolfen
- “Deconstructing Durin’s Day: Science, Scientific Fan Fiction, and the Fan-Scholar” by Kristine Larsen (Journal of Tolkien Research, vol. 8, no. 1)
- “Tolkien in East Yorkshire 1917–1918” by Michael Flowers (Something has gone crack, ed. by Janet Brennan and Annika Rottinger)
- “Tolkien’s Mandos, Pratchett’s Death” by Justin Lewis-Anthony (Tolkien the Pagan?, ed. by Anna Milon)
- Something has gone crack by Janet Brennan and Annika Rottinger (eds)
- Tolkien’s Library by Oronzo Cilli
- Tolkien’s Lost Chaucer by John M. Bowers
Best Online Content
- Aubusson weaves Tolkien (aubusson-tapisserie.com)
- Men of the West (YouTube Channel)
- The Prancing Pony Podcast (theprancingponypodcast.com)
Outstanding Contribution Award
The recipient of the Outstanding Contribution Award 2020 has been selected by the Trustees and will be announced in due course.
Every member will be able to vote once in each category via the Members’ Area of this website.
You have until midnight on Friday 17th April to vote.
If you’re not a member but would like to take part, join the Society now.
About the Author: Daniel Helen
Daniel is an Officer without Portfolio and Trustee of The Tolkien Society. Elected in 2014, he is mainly responsible for the Society's digital operations, including this website.