Vote now for The Tolkien Society Awards 2019
The Trustees of The Tolkien Society are pleased to announce the shortlist for The Tolkien Society Awards 2019. Voting is open exclusively to members of the Society through the Members’ Area.
The shortlist for the Awards is as follows:
- “Winter in Rivendell” by Soni Alcorn-Hender
- “The Two Towers Condiment Set” by Heather Coleman
- “Song for a Queen” by Elena Kukanova
- “The King’s Tower Falls” by Alan Lee
- “Durin’s Crown and the Mirrormere” by Ted Nasmith
- “A Fall of Heavenly Iron” by Martin Beech (published in Amon Hen 274 (November 2018)
- “Was Tolkien really racist?” by Dimitra Fimi (published on The Conversation website, 6 December 2018)
- “‘Tolkien in Oxford’ (BBC, 1968): A Reconstruction” by Stuart D. Lee (published in Tolkien Studies 15, 2018)
- Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth by Catherine McIlwaine
- The Fall of Gondolin by J.R.R. Tolkien, ed. by Christopher Tolkien
- A Wilderness of Dragons: Essays in Honor of Verlyn Flieger, ed. by John D. Rateliff
- Luke Shelton (luke-shelton.com)
- Parf Edhellen (www.elfdict.com)
- TolkienGuide.com (www.tolkienguide.com)
- TolkenBooks.us (www.tolkienbooks.us)
Outstanding Contribution Award
The recipient of the Outstanding Contribution Award 2019 has been selected by the Trustees and will be announced in due course.
Every member will be able to vote once in each category via the Members’ Area of this website.
You have until midnight on Friday 29th March to vote.
If you’re not a member but would like to take part, join the Society now.
About the Author: Daniel Helen
Daniel is an Officer without Portfolio and Trustee of The Tolkien Society. Elected in 2014, he is mainly responsible for the Society's digital operations, including this website.