This document sets out the terms and conditions of your purchase of goods from The Tolkien Society.
- The Tolkien Society (“Society”) is a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under charity number 273809. Its registered address is 3 Tithe Barn, Merton, Bicester OX25 2NF, United Kingdom.
- All queries concerning the sale of goods should be directed to the Society’s Sales Officer. Email: sales [at] tolkiensociety [dot] org. Post: Westwood House, Westwood, Scarborough YO11 2JD, United Kingdom.
- You may change or cancel your order at any time before the Society despatches the goods by contacting the Sales Officer (see section 1.2 for contact details). The Society will inform you of any change to the price in writing and you will need to pay the any difference (if any) between the amount paid and the new price before the Society fulfils the order. Should the new price be less than the amount paid, the Society will refund the difference.
- The Society may cancel your order at any time before it despatches the goods in the following circumstances: the goods are no longer in stock; or an event outside of the Society’s control continues for more than 30 days.
- Price and Payment
- Dispatch of goods is subject to payment being received in full by the Society.
- Any full or partial refunds will be issued using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
- The Society send goods using postal and courier providers such as Royal Mail, Parcelforce, MyHermes and DHL. If you have not received goods within 30 days of your order please inform the Society straight away (see section 2.1 for contact details). If you have asked for goods to be sent by surface mail you accept that delivery could take up to 100 days.
- From time to time the British government may impose export restrictions or delivery companies may be unable to deliver to territories due to conflict or natural disasters. If the Society is unable to dispatch your order because of export restrictions or the unavailability of shipping services, your order will be cancelled and a refund for the full amount received will be issued.
- You are responsible for ensuring that there are no import restrictions in your country and/or territory which will prevent delivery. In the event that goods are seized by local customs or government authorities we will not make any refund. If the delivery address is outside the United Kingdom (including Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man and BFPO addresses) you are responsible for any import duties or local taxes.
- Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
- The Society endeavours to provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, and match the description, sample or model at the time of purchase. Any digital content supplied with the goods should also be of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose and as described.
- If any goods you have purchased do not comply with section 5.1 or, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect goods, please contact the Society as soon as reasonably possible (see section 1.2 for contact details) describing the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund, repair or replacement.
- If you inform the Society about faulty or damaged goods within six months of receipt, the Society will refund your payment in full unless you ask for a replacement and a suitable replacement is available. Please keep the goods and packaging as the Society may ask you to provide evidence of the fault or damage before it agrees to issue or refund, repair or replacement.
- Right to cancel
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform the Society (see section 1.2 for contact details) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (for example, a letter sent by post or email). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, the Society will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
- The Society will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which the Society is informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- The Society will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- The Society may withhold reimbursement until the Society has received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
- You shall send back the goods or hand them over to the Society without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to the Society. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- Right to cancel
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If you have a complaint concerning the delivery of this contract, please contact the Society in the first instance (see section 1.2 for contact details). Please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr