The shortlist for the Awards is as follows:
- “Days of the King” by Jay Johnstone
- “Helm’s Deep miniature diorama display” build by Elliot Prowse
- “The Lord of the Rings Tarot Deck” by Tomás Hijo
- “The Party Tree” by Serena Malyon
- “All that glisters is not gold” by Sara Brown in Mallorn 63, winter 2022
- “How J.R.R. Tolkien Came to Write the Stories of ‘The Rings of Power’” by John Garth
- “Legal Precedent and Noldorin History: Míriel’s Weaving” by Cami Agan in Loremasters and Libraries in Fantasy and Science Fiction
- “Shadows of Middle-earth: Tolkien in Subculture, Counterculture and Exploitation” by Monica Sanz in Nólë Hyarmenillo An Anthology of Iberian Scholarship on Tolkien
- The Fall of Númenor, ed. Brian Sibley
- The Great Tales Never End, eds. Richard Ovenden and Catherine McIlwaine
- J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of the Manuscript, eds. Bill Fliss et al.
- Twenty-First Century Tolkien, Nick Groom
Best Online Content
- The Digital Tolkien Project (digitaltolkien.com)
- Tea with Tolkien (teawithtolkien.com)
- Tolkien Gateway (tolkiengateway.net)
- The World of J.R.R. Tolkien, by Dimitra Fimi via Audible (https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/The-World-of-JRR-Tolkien-Audiobook/B0B8T6B5GF)
Outstanding Contribution Award
The recipient of the Outstanding Contribution Award 2023 has been selected by the Trustees and will be announced in due course.
Every member will be able to vote once in each category via the Members’ Area of this website.
You have until midnight on Friday 31st MArch to vote.
If you’re not a member but would like to take part, join the Society now.