The shortlist for the Awards is as follows:
- “Minas Tirith built from 110000 LEGO Bricks” build by BricksCreations, Stebrick; design by Stefano Mapelli
- “The Curious Fox” by Matěj Čadil
- “Across Arda” by Ralph Damiani
- “Forth Eorlingas!” by Jenny Dolfen
- “Smaug” by Anke Eissmann
- “Fire and Water” by Norloth
- “The Red Book and Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings: A Fantasic Uncertainty” by Vincent Ferré in Mallorn 62, winter 2021
- “The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun’: Sexuality, Imagery, and Desire in Tolkien’s Works by Yvette Kisor (Tolkien Studies, vol. 18, 2021)
- “A Song of Greater Power: Tolkien’s Construction of Lúthien Tinúviel” by Clare Moore in Mallorn 62, winter 2021
- The Gallant Edith Bratt, Nancy Bunting and Seamus Hamill-Keays
- The Nature of Middle-earth, ed. Carl Hostetter
- Pictures by J.R.R. Tolkien (republished), ed. Christopher Tolkien
- Tolkien and the Classical World, ed. Hamish Williams
Best Online Content
- The Digital Tolkien Project (digitaltolkien.com)
- The Prancing Pony Podcast (theprancingponypodcast.com)
- The Roving Ranger Newsletter (tinyletter.com/TheTolkienist)
- The Tolkienist (thetolkienist.com)
Outstanding Contribution Award
The recipient of the Outstanding Contribution Award 2022 has been selected by the Trustees and will be announced in due course.
Every member will be able to vote once in each category via the Members’ Area of this website.
You have until midnight on Friday 8th April to vote.
If you’re not a member but would like to take part, join the Society now.