The Trustees of The Tolkien Society are pleased to announce the shortlist for The Tolkien Society Awards. Members of the Society will be able to vote through the members’ area.
We received over a hundred nominations across the five categories of awards, and the Trustees of The Tolkien Society have drawn up shortlists in each individual category for members to vote. Only members of The Tolkien Society are able to vote in the Awards this year, so if you wish to vote you should visit our Join page to become a member of The Tolkien Society.
The shortlist for the Awards is as follows:
- “Finrod Crossing the Helcaraxe” by WiseNailArt
- “Flight from Amon Hen” by Jay Johnstone
- “Maglor” by Elena Kukanova
- “How J.R.R. Tolkien Found Mordor on the Western Front” by Joseph Loconte
- “’The Lord of the Rings’ as Pastoral” by Adam Roberts
- “Tolkien and the aesthetics of philology” by Edmund Weiner
- A Secret Vice, ed. Dimitra Fimi and Andy Higgins
- The Elvish Writing Systems of J.R.R. Tolkien, by Matthew D. Coombes
- The Hobbit Facsimile First Edition, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun, ed. Verlyn Flieger
Outstanding Contribution Award
- John Garth
- Hammond and Scull
In the Best Website category, the Trustees felt there was no clarity amongst the nominations, so have decided that there will be no award in this category this year.
Every member will be able to vote once in each category through the members’ area of this website. You have until Friday 8th April to vote.