Apply for a Tolkien Society Bursary
How to Apply
To apply for a Tolkien Society Bursary, you first need to complete a Bursary Application Form.
As part of the application you will need to upload proof of enrolment at your institution (for example a scan of a letter on headed paper, signed by your supervisor or department administrator) and a copy of your CV/resume.
The closing date for applications is 8:00 am UK time on Thursday 1st July 2021
If you are applying for support to present a paper at Oxonmoot, you will also need to submit your paper to the Oxonmoot 2021 Call for Papers.
In the case of applications for support to present a paper at another event, you will need to provide details of you paper and the event you intend to present it at as part of your application
For support with expenses in connection with your research, you will need to provide details of the support you are requesting and how you intend to disseminate your research on completion as part of your application.
Decisions on which applications are successful will be made by 18th July 2020.
- You do not need to be a registered member of Oxonmoot to apply for a Bursary to support presentation there – if you are successful you will automatically be registered. If you have already paid for registration, this will be refunded if your Bursary application is successful.
- Applications for support to present a paper online at Oxonmoot will only qualify for support for the registration fee.
- If you do not live in the UK and plan to present a paper in person at Oxonmoot (in Oxford), you should read the details for overseas delegates on the Oxonmoot 2021 page (oxonmoot.org) before applying.
- You may only submit one application per year.
- Full Terms & Conditions for the Tolkien Society Bursary can be found here.