The new website of the Tolkien Society does not only look great it also offers a wealth of information you can use for your reading and learning pleasure.
Visiting the Studying Tolkien page you will have several options to choose from:
- Reading suggestions: What to read from Tolkien and on Tolkien
- Topic suggestions: If you are a student interested in Arda and beyond you’ll find many of those
- Study Packs: Yes, introductory materials on writing, runes, Anglo-Saxon or The Hobbit
- Essays: providing background on Tolkienian themes, sources of his inspiration and important facts
- Where can I learn more about J.R.R. Tolkien? Obviously with us but also with a wide range of online courses
So check out your local library for interesting titles, get your interlibrary loan on for some of the more uncommon works and start reading. Or buy the books. Or ask a friend. There are many Tolkien fans out there happy to help.
And why not share your experiences with us? We love reading Tolkien, too.
Marcel Aubron-Bülles is the author of thetolkienist.com, a specialist blog centering on worldwide Tolkien fandom, geekdom and research. He works as a freelance translator, journalist and writer and is the founder of the German Tolkien Society as well as a co-founder to RingCon, Europe’s biggest fantasy film convention. You can find him in cafés all over the world sipping an espresso blogging, writing, reading. His lovely wife’s nickname is Sauron. Yes, that Sauron.