Vote now for The Tolkien Society Awards 2018
The Trustees of The Tolkien Society are pleased to announce the shortlist for The Tolkien Society Awards 2018. Voting is open exclusively to members of the Society through the Members’ Area.
The shortlist for the Awards is as follows:
- “The Hunt” by Jenny Dolfen
- “Yet now did he see Tinuviel dancing in the twilight” by Alan Lee
- “Gwaihir the Windlord bears Gandalf from Isengard” by Ted Nasmith
- “On Tolkien’s presentation of distributism through the Shire” by Jay Atkins (published in Mallorn 58)
- “‘Tears are the very wine of blessedness’: joyful sorrow in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings” by Dimitra Fimi (published in Death and Immortality in Middle-earth)
- “Hobbits? … And what may they be?” by Michael Flowers (published in Journal of Tolkien Research 4)
- There Would Always Be a Fairy Tale: Essays on Tolkien’s Middle-earth by Verlyn Flieger
- Beren and Lúthien by J.R.R. Tolkien, ed. by Christopher Tolkien
- The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide, 2nd edn, by Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond
- TOLKNIĘTY (the blog of Ryszard Derdziński)
- Too Many Books and Never Enough (the blog of Wayne G. Hammond & Christina Scull)
Outstanding Contribution Award
- Alan Reynolds
- Priscilla Tolkien
Every member will be able to vote once in each category via the Members’ Area of this website.
You have until midnight on Friday 13th April to vote.
If you’re not a member but would like to take part, join the Society now.
About the Author: Daniel Helen
Daniel is an Officer without Portfolio and Trustee of The Tolkien Society. Elected in 2014, he is mainly responsible for the Society's digital operations, including this website.