The Puppet State Theatre Company is due to tour England and Wales with their critically-acclaimed stage play of Tolkien’s Leaf by Niggle.
After touring Scotland last summer, and performing at last year’s Oxonmoot, the performance – led by Richard Medrington – adapts Tolkien’s Leaf by Niggle story which is seen as allegory of Tolkien’s own writing process. Following the success of the stage play, Leaf by Niggle was published as a stand-alone edition for the very first time, having been previously been included within Tree and Leaf and Tales from the Perilous Realm.
The play is regarded as incredibly accurate to Tolkien’s original story, and this one-man show is a touching portrayal of a little-known piece of Tolkien fiction. At Oxonmoot 2016, the play received a standing ovation from attendees.
The tour dates are as follows:
- Edinburgh, The Scottish Storytelling Centre – 4th – 28th August
- Kirkby Stephen, Sports & Social Club – 28th September
- Amble, Parish Hall – 29th September
- Wreay, Village Hall – 30th September
- Arnside, Educational Institute – 1st October
- Pontardawe, Arts Centre – 5th October
- Cardiff, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama – 6th October
- Blackwood, Blackwood Miners Institute – 7th October
- Newport, Riverfront Studio – 10th October
- Brecon, Theatr Brycheiniog – 11th October
- Gravesend, The Woodville – 8th November
- Lyme Regis, Marine Theatre – 10th November
- Bridport, Lyric Theatre – 11th November
- Farnham, The Maltings – 12th November
- Norwich, Norwich Puppet Theatre – 15th November
- Luton, Luton Hat Factory – 16th November
- Cranleigh, Cranleigh Arts Centre – 17th November
- Cambridge, Mumford Theatre – 18th November
- Margate, Theatre Royal – 21st November
- Canterbury, Marlowe Studio – 22nd November
- London, Arts Depot – 23rd November
- Hemel Hempstead, Old Town Hall – 24th November
- Didcot, Cornerstone Arts Centre – 25th November
To find out more, and how to book, visit the Puppet State’s website.