2003 Seminar: Drawn from the History of Middle-earth
The 2003 Tolkien Society seminar
The Seminar was held in the Garden Gallery of Farnham Museum, Farnham,
Surrey on Saturday 7 June.
There was an Innmoot on the Friday at The Bush Hotel, The Borough, Farnham.
- Zainab Thorp "Images of Tiresias: the role and character of Elrond in the History of Middle-earth"
- David Doughan "A big awful adventure: death and deathlessness and life after death"
- Roberto di Scala "These fragments I shored against my sorrow. The Lay of the Children of Hurin"
- Allan Turner "The lay of the Children of Hurin and the alliterative tradition"
- Jessica Yates "William Morris's influence on Tolkien"
- John Ellison "It grew in the telling: places of inspiration and calculation"
a map showing the location of the venue in a new window follow this link.
If you would like to find out more information about
Farnham Museum follow this link.
information about Farnham, places to see and places to stay can be found here.